Thursday, September 8, 2011

Say Cheese!


There I am in all my glory. I haven't always had fabulous hair. Out with a friend tonight I reminisced on my days of mullet. Those pivotal years of life where our parents can still intervene and make or break our social status on the playground. Love ya mom and dad but what were you thinking!?! Before I processed, straightened, cut and abolished the curls from my head - I had hair like Shirley Temple. Beautiful blonde curls my nana used to threaten to clip off while I sleeping and keep for herself (she's a riot). In my elementary school years the color darkened and my parents gifted me with one of the worst hair cuts and styles ever to grace this earth. Don't get me wrong my parents loved me. Maybe it was just poor taste or misguidance but as if being a chubby, gap toothed fifth grader in a dress with a DOILY on it wasn't bad enough - would you please look at that hair!!!! Now, in case you were wondering, we've cleared up any mystery as to why I invest time, effort and money into my look and even this blog... a hair nightmare or two in my past but the future is bright!


2 comments:

  1. I too had that haircut...but mine was a perm...even worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny! I have a few crazy hair pics myself. Picture big permed and hairsprayed 80s hair! I'll have to dig out some old photos.

    ReplyDelete